miércoles, 2 de septiembre de 2009

A country I woud like to visit



I have always dreamed of visiting Perú or Cuba, but if I had to choose one country of them both I would visit Perú, exactly the Machu Picchu ruins.
I had a biology teacher who traveled to there and she told us she could feel a great sensation of magic and freedom there. When she came back to Copiapó she was full of energy and humor. According to her it was as if the own Incas people were there working or laughing.
Other things which excite me to be at Machu Picchu are the poems by Pablo Neruda, sung by Los Jaivas in the record Las Alturas de Machu Picchu. I think that Spanish invasion harmed a great advance in the Inca culture because it stopped a pure race and it showed the dark side of globalization: the predominance of one culture and lifestyle over other one.
I know few things about this place, but they are good enough to want to go there. Machu Picchu means in Quechua Old Mountain. This place is near from Cuzco, the capital city of Inca Empire. It began to work as a urban center once discovered by Pachacútec, first Inca Emperor. He saw the physic and climatic character of the place and decided to become it into a religious and civil center.
Currently, Machu Picchu is one of the Seven Modern World Wonders. I wanted to be there to feel that magic on the air, maybe feel the rituals mystical, feel how the Inca people thanked to Pachamama (The Land Mother) for the land fruits or feel them thanking Her for the good hunting times.
I would like only visit Machu Picchu because I don’t think it is for living. As far as I know that place is only for tourism and not for remaining a lifetime. But if I could live there, I think I would not because I’d miss Chile a lot.

2 comentarios:

  1. Do you like Pablo neruda? Because I Love neruda xD

    Machu picchu is a place for visit, but I dont know if somebody can to live there.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I heard too about the magic in Machu Pichu, I want to go and visit one day :D
    I love history and historical places. This place have a lot of history, so close to us. The invasion gives good things but also bad things, overcoat the globalization and the imposition of a culture, with no respect.
    I hope that you can visit one day.
    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar