jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2009

The role of Music




Music plays an important role in my life. First all because without it, life would be very sad; to me it is an escape way… a ticket to heaven. I like singing everywhere. Particularly I like listening to folk music or trova, I don’t have problems with other styles of music, but they both are my favorites. Usually I get my music from internet or from my friends compact discs. Also I like Chilean and Latin music, for example Silvio Rodríguez, Violeta Parra, Mercedes Sosa, Los Jaivas, etc. In general, I like music with social sense and if it is about love, it is of my preference that lyrics are deep: ¿Qué he sacado con querete? (What have I gotten loving you?) by Violeta Parra or El breve espacio en que no estás (The brief space where you are not) by Silvio Rodríguez. Everytime I am studing I play Silvio Rodríguez or Los Jaivas. When I am sad I make an exception and then I play Metallica or Guns and Roses. When I am very angry my favorite is Maldigo del Alto Cielo (High Heaven Curse) by Violeta Parra, the mother of Chilean music and the first Chilean rock star! But when I am happy I like whatever, every song is a good choice to smile. I have always thought that music is and must be an accompaniment, we also have poems, pieces of arts, etc., music is just a way of getting art, but it is not the only way. If we become it in a unique mode of art, we will forget the other ones.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario